Monday, October 5, 2009

This is my favorite time of the year.....

when the leaves are changing colors, don't have to use the air conditioners and can actually open the windows and enjoy the smell of Autumn, and of course (it may be a pain to others) the leaves start falling off the trees and onto the ground. As I was sitting on my bed listening to whatever was on and while checking my email I actually got a whiff of someone using a wood stove or a fire place as it was well after 11pm.......of course.....in my opinion it was not cool enough to need a heater....but there may have been a reason why they needed to use the heat. I LOVE this weather although my back does not particularly care for the change in the barometer I long for this temperature. I also LOVE, LOVE the winter time and the snow.....I am praying that this year the Lord will give us a couple of Minnesota Blizzards......I would love to be snowed in for a few days....course though my truck has 4 wheel drive which is so AWESOME to use especially on the beach!!

For the first time in years....I really don't ever remember in all the years of being in the ministry of being able to go on vacation......we were BLESSED to go with one of the new families from church on vacation!!! We all had a GREAT time........driving down was good, put my truck in 4 wheel drive to get to our house in 4 wheel drive country of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.....it was breath taking I just cannot begin to imagine when I could stop describing the beach and how wonderful it was.

I wish years ago we could have went somewhere like this with our oldest son Caleb........I miss him so much these days and fervently pray for him and the choices that he is making. Praying that God will be merciful to him but for the Lord to get his attention before it is too late or before he makes an even bigger mess of his life. WHY is it that we have to learn from OUR mistakes.....WHY can't we listen to those that have walked this route, those who have hurt and heartache for the choices and decisions that they have made in their life. It is so hard being a parent while letting God take control of their life and knowing how bad its going to hurt them when they realize the mess they have made of their lives and why they cannot ever take back some of the choices that they made or will make.

I imagine that this is a taste of how we hurt our dear Savior on a regular basis!! Thank God that he is so forgiving of us when we keep doing those things we know we should not do!! How our Lord must hurt and the pain he feels when we turn our backs on him, how his children can say that they don't believe there is a God.....we must have FAITH to believe in him......FAITH to trust that he is coming back for us one day very soon, FAITH to trust him in good or bad times!! What people don't often realize is that they have faith and trust in someone or something every day of their life.......you gotta have faith that the shower head is gonna spray out hot water in the morning when getting ready for work or the days activities, faith that when you put the key into the ignition that it is going to turn over like it did yesterday, faith that the drivers on the road are going to obey the traffic laws and not run into your vehicle, faith that the food you are going to eat for lunch is not poisonous, faith that your boss is going to have work for you just like he has in the past, faith that your spouse is going to be there when you return home, and faith that God is going to continue supplying all your needs like he has been doing all along. It really is not hard to have FAITH and to put your TRUST in the Lord for you, your family and for all of your needs!!!!!!!

Well.......I thought I had more to say......but I have fallen asleep like 3 times so I am going to let everyone go and I am going to get some of the sleep that you are already taking advantage of.

Goodnight to all!

No comments: